Sunday, February 28, 2010

Office Upgrade

My desk/computer has been located in our homeschool room, so I can be near all the action. But, lately The Waldorf Connection has been keeping me very busy and I have needed a quiet space. My amazing DH heard my plea! Today, we made our spare bedroom into my private work space.

I was a little apprehensive about venturing into a different part of the house, where I would be a bit closed off. But when I moved my desk and rearranged furniture (something I love doing this time of year) it just felt right.

So, now I can actually *think* while writing an email and close the door if I need to make a call.

I am grateful for my wonderful husband, family and new office!

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me of something I wrote many years ago in a literature class in response to Virginia Woolfe's piece, A Room of one's Own. I likened it to the painter (Van de Meer) in the story Girl with a pearl earring. How the housekeeper goes through great pains to set up the room and keep it as it is, and how no one else in the family is allowed in the room, for fear they would move a piece of the inspiration out of place. (I am not advocating locking out the family.) ;) But it is a private space that creates inspiration, as both pieces show in a wonderful way. I hope you have much inspiration from "a room of your own."

    ReplyDelete